The Edge Of Reason

You Can Never Tell Which Way The Train Went By Looking At The Rails





Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven
May 17th, 2005

"I am coming to USA" Priya said when I called her.
"When and where?" I asked.
"In a month" She said. "I got admission in the Harvard University"
"That's great" I said. "Harvard is in Boston which is only one and half hour drive from here."
"Cool" She said.

I did not expect that golden days will come so soon. Priya is coming to USA. And that too, she is coming to Boston which is very close by. I could not believe it. I can meet her every weekend. Even I can meet her everyday. Its just one and half hour drive from my place. I am the happiest person in the world.

One month passed by like one second. I went to airport to receive Priya. I saw her after five months. I cried with happiness. We went to Harvard School of Business. What do I say about Harvard? The hostel, the classrooms, the library, the canteen, each and every building of Harvard is simply amazing. The students who are studying seemed to be like future CEOs of multi national companies. And here, my Priya is going to be one of them.

May 17th, 2005

It’s the first weekend for Priya in USA. I took her to the New York City. New York has always represented United States for many years. Even a small kid can identify USA by seeing the picture of Statue of Liberty. There are many places to visit in New York like Empire State, Brooklyn bridge, Times Square, Madame Tussard museum, Intrepid… The list is endless. But Statue of Liberty always stands high among the attractions.

"It’s the right you express your love" Vinod said.
"But…"
"Don't think. Just say it to her. Everything will be fine"
"Thanks Vinod" I said.” Today I will tell her. You need to help me in this"
"I am always there for you. Tell me what you want"
"How shall I propose her? I have not made any preparations"
"Don't worry. Just listen to me. If you love someone truly, there is no need of any preparations. Just tell her what you want to say. Just tell her how much you love her. Just be yourself. That's enough. Your heart will speak for yourself. There is no need of any preparation.Now Come on Punk!Go Rock!"

Vinod's advice filled me with courage and confidence. For the first time, I felt that I am not going to fail in this attempt. Love needs patience but at the same time Love also needs courage. If you don't have enough courage to express yourself, your love always remains incomplete.

Priya is taking the photographs of Statue of Liberty.
"Priya.."
"What?" she asked.
"I want to say something to you today which I should have told you long time ago"
"What is it?"
I took her hand in mine. I kissed her hand.
"I Love You" I said. "Please don't ask me how much I love you. I cannot explain it in words. I can only say that I love you more than myself. I love you more than anyone can love you" I said and closed my eyes.
I waited. There was a long silence. I opened my eyes slowly. Priya is not there in front of me. I looked around. She's standing at a distance. I went to her and saw that she's crying.
"Priya... What happened? I am sorry if I hurt you..."
"Moron... Why did it take so long for you to say a simple three letter word?" she said and hugged me.

That's the most beautiful moment in my life that I will never forget. I have accomplished my mission. Now I have no worries in my life. I have Priya with me.

Suddenly Vinod came running to me shouting "Aaryan... Aaryan"
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment