The Edge Of Reason

You Can Never Tell Which Way The Train Went By Looking At The Rails





Chapter Sixteen

Chapter SixteenVinod Speaks
I am Vinod. I was Aaryan's room mate. I know how much Aaryan loved Priya. He always talked about her and cared about her. But unfortunately he could not tell her the same. He remained silent. He was a coward. He always feared that Priya would leave him if he expresses his love before her. He waited and the wait cost him a lot.

26th of June was an unfortunate day in the life of Priya and Aaryan. Priya met with an accident while driving back her scooty to home from an internet cafe. The owner of the internet cafe said that she was in a bad mood and was crying before leaving the internet center. She was rushed to the hospital. She wrote a letter to Aaryan.

"Hi Aaryan, When I first met you in the multiplex, I never thought that we would come this far. We have become very close friends in no time. You have been a very good friend of mine. In fact you are my best friend to whom I could look up to whenever I needed any thing. You have bothered about me, tolerated my ignorance, stood by me. You were always there to support me. I am lucky to have a friend like you and I want to thank you for everything you have given me.

I always thought that even a single day is enough to understand or judge a person. Two years is a very long time. We have been friends for these two years. But even after these two years I could not read your mind. I could not understand you. You are like a kid ignoring everything in the world. You speak endlessly about your weird dreams. You take things so easily as if you don't have anything to worry in your life. You never take anything seriously.

As we have been best friends for two long years, I wish to take this relation a little bit further. I always wanted to say this to you. I lost count of the number of times I tried. But at last I am writing with the only hope that you will understand me and forgive me. I waited for this since long. Now, let me tell you...
"I LOVE YOU"
Please don't ask me how much I love you. I cannot explain it in words. I can only say that I love you more than myself. I love you more than anyone can.

I waited for you with the hope that you would say this to me. I thought that you are in Love with me as I am with you. I always thought that we are made for each other. But I did not receive any response from you. You did not say anything to me. You looked to me as a good friend but not more than that. Whenever I thought of expressing my love to you, I feared that you might take it in a negative sense. I feared that you'll stop talking to me after that. I feared that you'll abandon our friendship. So, I could not say this all these days. I was not at all happy with the marriage. I could not tell my parents as I didn’t know what's in your mind.

Now you must be wondering why I wrote this letter and why I am saying this after all. It’s because you are not going to talk to me after today. It’s because I cannot say in future if not today. It’s because this is the last letter I am going to write to you. It’s because by the time you read this letter I may not be in this world. Please forgive me for all the pain I have caused to you and thank you for being my friend.

Once again... I LOVE YOU...

Always Yours,
Priya

After the accident Priya survived for a week. During her last days, she called her friend Shwetha and dictated the letter and asked her to hand over it to Aaryan after she dies. When Aaryan received the letter from Shwetha and came to know about the incident, he could not stay back in US. He resigned from his job and flew back to India immediately. But it was too late. He felt that Priya died because of him.

"I told Priya not to call me anymore" he said to me before leaving to India. "I caused pain to her and now she left me forever. It's because of me she met with an accident. It’s because of me she died. I am the person responsible for it. I killed her. I killed my Priya"
I saw the pain in his eyes. It’s hard for him to recover from the shock. It’s all over for him. All these days he did not tell Priya that he loved her but by the time he came to know that Priya also loves him, she is no more.

I don't know what happened. But Aaryan went missing after this incident. No one knows about his whereabouts. They say that History remembers only tragic love stories. I don't know how true it is but I will never forget the story of my friend. I pray to god to give him strength and peace wherever he is...


The End

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment