The Edge Of Reason

You Can Never Tell Which Way The Train Went By Looking At The Rails





Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen
I did not call Priya. I wanted to prove to myself that I can live without Priya. I am trying to get used to the bitter truth. I am trying to live practically. I am trying to take over my heart with my mind. But how much ever I try, I cannot escape from truth. Priya called me one day.

June 26th, 2005

"Hi Aaryan, What happened to you? Where did you go?" Priya asked.
"Nothing..." I said.
"Why did not you call me? You totally disappeared. You don't respond to my mails. You don't come online while I keep waiting for you at the cyber cafe"
"I was just busy with work" I said. I don’t want this phone call to continue for long.
"Leave it. Are you coming to my marriage?" Priya asked.
I always skipped giving answer to this question by saying something or the other whenever she asked this question.
"How are your marriage plans going?" I asked.
"First answer my question" She said. "You always try to bypass this question. Are you coming to my marriage or not?"
"I don't know" I said. "I did not decide yet. It depends on my project work"
"What do you mean by you did not decide? I can understand that you have project work and all. It’s too much from me to ask you to come to my marriage. But you are not even trying to answer my question. You are not talking to me nicely now days. It seems that you are not happy with my marriage…"
"No..." I said.
"Don't lie to me. I can hear it in your voice"
"There is nothing like that Priya" I said. "Why do you think I am not happy with your marriage?"
"I see that you are not same as before. You started behaving different from the day I told you about my marriage. What happened?" she asked.
"Nothing at all. I just got busy with the work and it’s taking toll on me" I said
"Are you sure?" She said.
"Yes" I said. I could not speak. I can feel the emotion ready to burst into tears.
"Are you sure that it’s the work and not my marriage?" She asked again.
"Yes" I shouted back. "How many times do I need to tell you? Don’t you understand? Now please do me a favour. Never ask this question again and never call me again" I shouted at her and switched off the phone.

What does she think? Why does she torture me like this? Why did she come into my life? I want to forget her. I want to get back my olden days, I want to go back to the days before I met her. I want to want to go back to the days when I used to enjoy the beauty of bench. I want to get rid of the pain of her departure. I want to get rid of the pain that I cannot live without her. Someone please help me...

"I shouted at my Priya" I told Avinash.
"Why? What happened?"
"I don't know. I was just trying to avoid her" I said.
"You need a vacation" Avinash said.
"May be you are right. I need a break. I need some time to forget Priya"
"Let's go for a vacation. How about Florida for July 4th long weekend?"
"Not a bad option" I said.
"Let's plan for it" Avinash said.

Though I tried to forget about the incident, I could not forget it. The thought that my shouting at Priya made me feel very bad. I shouted at my own Priya. Why did I do that? I tried to call Priya on her mobile. I wanted to apologize. But she did not answer my call. I kept trying whole day but she did not respond to my call. I don't know what happened but deep inside I felt something has gone terribly wrong.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment