The Edge Of Reason

You Can Never Tell Which Way The Train Went By Looking At The Rails





Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen
"I am not happy with this marriage" Priya said.
"Why? What happened?" I asked.
"Nothing... Leave it"
"Tell me what happened. Are you not happy with the groom?"
"No, it’s not the matter" She said
"What is the problem then?" I asked.
"Marriage is the biggest occasion which occurs only once in a life time. You are my best friend and when I am going to get married you are not here" she said. "Will you come to my marriage?"

Priya's marriage itself is a biggest shock to me. Now she is asking me to come and attend the marriage. What can I say? How can I tell Priya that I love her? Now all the doors are closed. By the time I gained the courage and confidence to say, it’s too late. I cannot disappoint Priya by saying it now. I cannot spoil her happiness. I did not answer.

"What?" Avinash asked.
"Yes... Priya is getting married" I said.
"Come on man. You still have a chance. Go and tell that you love her" he said.
"No" I said. "I cannot tell her. I cannot spoil her happiness"
"Have you gone mad? You say that you love her but you are just simply doing nothing if she is getting married with someone else. What kind of person are you?"
I did not answer.
"Why don't you answer me?" Avinash asked me. "It seems that you don't love her"
"Stop it" I shouted. "I love her very much. I love more than anyone in the world". Tears started running down my cheeks. "It’s all my fault that I did not tell her. It’s my fault that I expected her to love me. It’s my fault that I developed hopes on her. I don't want to punish her for my faults by telling her now that I love her and force her to come with me. You don't know what love is. Love demands sacrifice. True love never expects anything in return. I Love her. It means that I care for her. I am there for her at all times. It does not mean that she must also love me" I said.
Avinash did not say anything.
"Do you know why Rose is considered the symbol of Love?" I asked.
"Because it’s beautiful" he said.
"It’s because it’s beautiful. You feel it and enjoy it by holding it gently. Once you grab it, the thorns beneath it will hurt you. You cannot grab it. If it’s not yours, let it go but never try to grab it" I said.
"I am sorry" Avinash said. "So, what are you going to do now?"
"Nothing" I said. "What can I do now?"
"You should have told her long back"
"No. Now I feel better that I did not tell her"
"What do you mean?"
"Listen." I said. "She just treats me as a good friend. She does not love me. If I would have told her, she would have become upset. Our friendship would have ended there itself. At least she is a good friend now"
"I understand" Avinash said.

It’s Priya's marriage time. She must be very happy. But, what about me? Now I don't want go to India any more. If I go back to India, the memories of Priya will haunt me. I cancelled my leave. I told my parents that I got an urgent project work and will come to India later. I had to convince my PM to cancel my leave and stop him sending me offshore.

People say that Love is blind. Yes... Love is blind because once you are in Love you no longer see the world with your eyes. You see the world through the eyes of the person you Love. You feel the joy, the pain, the happiness, the sorrow and every moment of the person you Love in your eyes. Your eyes no longer reflect your heart. They reflect the state of the person you Love. They speak the language of your loved ones. They carry the tears of them to see happiness in their eyes. Priya is happy and that is all what I want.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment