The Edge Of Reason

You Can Never Tell Which Way The Train Went By Looking At The Rails





Chapter twelve

Chapter Twelve
May 18th, 2005

Vinod came running to me shouting "Aaryan... Aaryan... Aaryan... Aaryan... Aaryan".
I opened my eyes. Avinash is calling me.
"What happened? Why did you spoil my sleep?" I asked.
"Your offshore has called. They said they will call you back in another ten minutes" he said.
I did not listen to him. Thoughts filled my mind

"What a beautiful dream I had. Priya came to USA and I proposed to her. It can't get better than this. At least I told her in my dream. But I learned one thing from this dream. Love needs patience but at the same time Love also needs courage. If you don't have enough courage to express yourself, your love always remains incomplete. I must express myself before Priya. Priya accepted me in my dream and she will accept me in real also. I felt as if I got enough confidence to tell her. Nothing can go wrong now. I will tell her. Her birthday is on July 22nd, the day when I first tried to tell her but failed. I will tell her on the same day but this time I will not fail"

I did not make any preparations. I did not even try to think of what I would say to her. I just wanted it to happen the same way it happened in the dream. Of course she will not be in New York. But I just want to repeat the same thing I told her in my dream. I will tell her that I love her and wait for her response. Her birthday, the July 22nd will be an end to our friendship and beginning for our Love Story, a complete love story.

May 30th, 2005

"How was your vacation?" I asked.
Priya went to her native place for two weeks as she goes there every year for the local festival of their village. I did not talk with Priya for two whole weeks.
"Good" she said.
"It’s been two weeks since we have talked" I said.
"Hmmm. What did you do these two weeks?" She asked.
"Nothing. I want tell you something “I said.
"Is it? I also want to say something”
"What is it?" I asked.
"You tell me first, then I will tell you" she said.
"No… Ladies first. So, you tell me. I will tell after you"
"No way, you have to go first. Otherwise I am leaving right now" she said smiling.
"OK.. OK.. I will tell first. The news is that... I passed my license test and I got my driving license. Now I have an American Driving License" I said with pride in my voice.
"That's great news. Now you can buy a car" she said.
"Yes" I said. "Now What news do you have?"
"Actually it all began a few months ago. I thought of telling you. But I did not tell you. But now the time has come to tell you" she said.
"What is that?" I asked. Is she going to propose me?
"It’s regarding my engagement. Rajesh and me got engaged last Thursday. We are getting married on 2nd of July" she said.
"What? You are kidding" I said. I could not believe what she's saying.
"I am not kidding...dumbo. I am serious" She said.

I did not speak. I did not expect such a jolt. My mind went blank. I rubbed my eyes. I pinched myself. Is it some dream again? It’s a dream. Come out of it. I slapped myself again. But nothing happened. It’s not a dream. What I heard is true. Priya is getting engaged. Why? Why good things happen only in dreams? People hate having bad dreams. But, Now I feel its better to have a bad dream rather than the same bad thing happen in your life.

"Congratulations..." I said. no other word got into my mind.
"But" she said. "I am not happy with this marriage"
"You are not happy? Why? What happened?" I asked.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment