The Edge Of Reason

You Can Never Tell Which Way The Train Went By Looking At The Rails





CAT caught me!

I call it a total 'screw up',first I don't realise what I have to do and what is the direction I need to head for that,I start late,it's not that all late starters end up the way I did ,esp. not when we are talkin about an exam like CAT that requires nothing but planning,intelligence,excecution,comittment and above all Management;I don't think we need any hardcore toiling for CAT nor for any other exam ,it's smart study that you need and not hardwork,the worst part is,am a hardworker and don't believe in studying less am the kind of a person who would slog day in and day out for all I wanted and the results never did justice to the amount of ardour I put in,but well isn't that the case with millions of other people,many of who believe that they should end up at the top slot,but usually have to settle of something that is less than the best.
well...all that matters now is the fact that I cannot make it this year and some of my friends would actually get a call,converting it is a totally different thing(I'll come back on that!)
The next exam I have on hands is FMS ,on the third sunday of 07.When I was just thinking of all these,I drew a funny parallel,here it goes:
my position ,regarding the MBA entrance examinations, is just like that of the Indian Cricket team.People expected a lot from you till sometime in the near past,but they gave up most of their hopes,seeing your performance of late,same with the Indian Team.
They play exceptionally well at some point of time,to an extent that the expectations of the well wishers increases and people start assuming this to be the best team ever and even think that they can get us the world cup,a kickass exam like CAT in my case.This is a milder way of saying that both of us are 'phenomenally inconsistent'!
No matter how good team India plays whenever it comes to an event where they can show their mettle,they sure lose and so do I.Furthermore,when we have a big event like the world cup around the corner,WE tend to play way below our standards.This has been,was and is the case,am not sure of the 'will be' case and being a hardcore cricket buff will never say that,because love comes with a lot of optimism.So has been the issue with me as well,I had a poor record initially,kinda improved midway through,screwed it up later,ie,now.
And with such a poor run in form,I don't think any sane person will have problems guessing the outcome of the matches in the newer version of the game,twenty20,that requires speed in everything such as scoring some big runs in lesser balls etc.Not what our team was ever known for,nor is it used to such things.FMS is a similar test,all said and done it is a test for speed,basically am not used to that.Because for a question I could not solve in CAT,am quite sure there are many other people who can't and I don't lose much,not the case with FMS though,for every question I can't solve,am losing some very precious percentage points.
So I guess my stakes are pretty low,when it comes to FMS.But am not playing anything down nor am I closing any more gates on me.
So,am planning to give my best shot and leave the rest to fate(or whatever it may be!)
Wish me luck guys!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment